QBE AERIAL APPLICATION SCHOLARSHIP
QBE Insurance (Australia) Limited, in conjunction with the Aerial Application Association of Australia, are pleased to announce the $5,000 QBE Scholarship for Aerial Application.
The scholarship is awarded annually, with the inaugural award announced at the AAAA convention in June 2013.
The scholarship is awarded to an individual currently operating in the aerial application industry who proposes activities that would benefit themselves and the wider industry in the pursuit of excellence and improved safety.
The Scholarship must include a report on activities and lessons for the industry, including a speaking spot at the AAAA National Convention and a story in the AAAA Newsletter.
Scope of Applications
Applicants can include a wide range of activities in their proposals and innovation will be a consideration of the selection panel. Activities may include:
- Overseas travel to study, gain additional qualifications, or investigate a particular aspect of aerial application
- Domestic study to attain additional qualifications in business or safety management or another aspect relevant to aerial application
- Research to develop new safety approaches to aircraft, equipment, education or other aspects of aerial application
While the general focus of the selection panel will be on the safety value of the proposal to the aerial application industry, other criteria will include:
- Passion for their project and the aerial application industry
- Ability of the candidate to share their new knowledge with the wider industry
- Co-contributions by the candidate
- Innovativeness of the proposal
Candidates will be assessed by a representative of QBE and a sub-committee of the AAAA Board.
The Scholarship will be to the value of $5,000. The successful applicant must be able to complete the scholarship within 12 months from notification of award of the Scholarship. The application will be paid in two installments of $2,500.
Applications will close on the 30th April each year and the Scholarship winner will be announced at the AAAA Annual Convention in June. Applicants may be asked to attend an interview/s as part of the selection process.
Completed applications, using the form below, should be sent to the AAAA office at the address below by the closing date.
PO Box 353,
Mitchell ACT 2911